Mickey Mouse Drawing
Drawing a mickey mouse was the first piece of art I produced. I searched for many easy mickey mouse drawings during that time. One of those reference pictures made mickey mouse drawing easy for me. I know you might as well be searching for a tutorial on how to draw mickey mouse. Follow our easy drawing tutorials, and doing so will make your Disney drawing easy. Mickey mouse is the favorite character of almost everyone. Mickey mouse is the only cartoon character that nearly everyone on earth knows.
Fun Facts about Mickey Mouse
Walt Disney, the artist behind this cartoon character, made mickey mouse in memory of his pet mouse. Mickey mouse has its star in the Hollywood hall of fame. The first-ever cartoon character to speak is mickey mouse. Mickey appeared on screen in 1928 for the first time. Walt Disney himself was the first person who voiced over mickey mouse and did so until 1946. Mortimer is the original name that was meant for mickey mouse.
Tips on How to Draw Mickey Mouse
The easiest thing to draw as a beginner is a cartoon character. But even then, you need some tips to draw. Here are a few key tips for drawing a cartoon character.
- Stick to basic shapes: Basic shapes are always easier to draw than detailed textures. So, beginners should focus on basic shapes.
- Guidelines: If you sketch with guidelines before drawing. It can help you more than you think. Drawing on the guidelines will give your drawing a fine look.
- Reference: Get some inspiration from pictures or maybe other drawings. It will help you for reference, which is an essential part of a new drawing.
- Cool drawing idea: Use uneven lines or simply stretch things a little bit on the drawing. It will make your drawing appealing. Why! Do cartoons with abnormally big heads make you laugh? I guess the answer is yes.
- Keep it clean: Keep your drawing neat and clean. Use a sheet of paper under your drawing hand to avoid messy drawings with a messy wrist.
- Watch cartoons: Watch as many cartoons as you can to learn more about the anatomy of cartoon characters.
- Emotions of cartoon characters: Give emotions to your cartoon character.
We have two tutorials on mickey mouse drawing here.
1: Let’s begin how to draw mickey mouse
Draw an inverted star with five rough-shaped corners.
Draw a mouth and tongue at the bottom. Draw two rough oval shape eyes by drawing two long circular shapes and then one small circle in each of the eyes. Then draw a circular nose in between eyes and mouth.
Draw two big circular ears and extend the mouth from both sides with arrows pointing like an inverted arc rightward and leftward.
Draw an arm on a side with two parallel lines and then a hand with four fingers at the end of the arm. Draw his dress in the shape of two parallel curved lines and a semi-straight line at the bottom.
Draw the second arm and hand with the same technique on the opposite side.
Draw a tail with two parallel curvy lines very close to each other on the right side. Then draw legs and shoes as shown above.
Use black color in the head, arms, and legs. Use red color in shirt and white color in hands and face, then pink on the tongue.
There is your happy mickey mouse drawing.
2: Let’s begin mickey mouse drawing easy
Draw two egg shape eyes and two dark eyeballs in them. Draw a curve below the eyes touching both eyes.
Draw an inverted start with five corners to make mickey’s face. Draw two curves meeting each other at their ends in the shape of an open mouth and a tongue in the mouth.
Draw a semi-circular headline and two big circular ears on top of each side of the head. Draw two cylindrical shapes hanging below the mouth one each side.
Draw a dress below those U shapes. Draw both legs inside the dress below. Next, draw shoes at the end of both legs as we draw above — Figure 4.
Draw arms and hands on both sides of the head — Figure 5.
Fill in the head and arms with a black marker — Figure 6.
Fill in the red color in the dress. And then yellow color in shoes.
There you have another cute mickey mouse drawing.
We hope our drawing tutorials are speeding up your learning process. Keep coming back; you can enjoy our endless stream of cool drawing ideas. Make sure to check the video tutorial of this drawing. It will help you better to understand the steps.